Treat for a Friend: Chocolate Chip Cookies

By Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This is a special request by my friend. Her right foot is injured (and I know she is worried if it will get well), so I decided to make this to cheer her up. She loves all things chocolate, and I know she will like this. She's a great friend who always has something encouraging to say about my bakes, and I know I can count on her to be there for me too in times of need.

I can't remember when was the last time I stayed up late to bake something. I think it has never happened before, for I'm a person who usually has to sleep early, especially if the next day is a working day. So now that I'm not working, I can do things like this (it's actually a very shiok feeling to be indulging in one's hobby, and I do treasure these moments).

waiting for cookies to cool

trying to play cookie stacko hee...

'message' for my dear friend

all my loves - cookies, packaging and polka dots

Seeing her enjoy the cookies, I regret not packing more for her. This recipe is a keeper, and it came from a cookbook I got as a gift last year :) I'm gonna bake this with the youths tomorrow too, thus the recipe posted below, are worded in a way that is easy for them to follow. So bear with me, if the sentencing and grammars appear weird to you...

Here's the recipe: (adapted from The Great Bake Sale Cookbook - 75 sure-fire fund-raising favorites)

Ingredients - yields approx 35 cookies
(A) 210g plain flour
     1/2 tsp baking soda
     1/4 tsp salt

(B) 140g brown sugar
      40g white sugar
      100g butter
      1 large egg
      2 tsp vanilla essence

(C) 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method
  1. Pre-heat oven to 190 deg C. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, measure out the flour. Add in baking soda and salt. Mix everything together. Sift (A) into a bowl. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar (both white and brown) till soft and fluffy. (approx 2-3 mins).
  4. Beat the egg, and add it to the batter. Add in the vanilla essence. Stir till everything is well combined.
  5. Add in the sifted flour, and mix it into the batter.
  6. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips.
  7. Drop the dough, using a teaspoon onto the baking tray. Remember to space out the cookies.
  8. Bake cookies until golden on top, approx 10 to 15 mins.

You Might Also Like

0 comments