Crustless Salmon Quiche

By Thursday, August 11, 2011

Last Saturday, my dear brought me to "Movies in the Park".


It was organized by Class 95, and they were screening Despicable Me, and Iron Man 2. I must say the sound systems were awesome - felt like I'm in the cinema, except under the stars this time :)


My best friend was supposed to join us, but unfortunately she fell ill. Nevertheless, dear and I had fun, and after watching Iron Man 2, we went on to watch Captain America the next day. The stories are linked.. Haha... realize I love Marvel Heroes!

Anyway, to prepare for the picnic, I made a quiche. I was very happy to chance upon this recipe that doesn't require a crust (err.. cos I don't know how to make one. Previously, I've been using a frozen pie crust from Cold Storage, but I can't find it anymore >-<)

Tada.. this is how it looks like

all ready for the oven

doesn't the color look lovely?

it's super filling!

Here's the recipe: (taken from Min's Blog)

Ingredients
60g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
2 cups of milk
75g butter, melted (i reduce it to 65g)
210g salmon
1 green capsicum
1 onion
1 potato
1/2 cup of cheese (i use parmesan)
1 tomato, cut into rings
black pepper

Method
Pre-preparation before putting together the quiche
* Pan-fry the salmon till the skin is browned. This will give it a wonderful aroma.
   Let it cool awhile before breaking it up into small pieces using a folk.
* All the vegetables are to be diced. Using the same pan to cook the salmon,
   stir-fry the vegetables till it is softened.

1) Sift the flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
2) In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix everything
    together, and add in the flour (split into 2 parts - to prevent clumps )
3) Place all the ingredients (salmon and vegetables) into a 9" pan. Pour the
    milk mixture into the pan.
4) Top off with parmesan cheese, followed by the sliced tomatoes and black
    pepper. Bake at 180 degree celsius for 55 mins.

You Might Also Like

0 comments