Mushroom Rice

By Saturday, September 10, 2011

I love mushrooms, and when I saw this recipe from Piggy's Cooking Journal, I have to give it a try!

The original recipe called for mirin, but after trying to get some from Shop N Save, followed by a walk to NTUC, I just couldn't find it. I even tried putting my hands all the way into the back of the display shell, and still... there wasn't any. Arghh... why didn't they replenish their stock?

Anyway, I went ahead to cook the dish.. and here's my own version of Mushroom Rice, using whatever ingredients I have on hand :)





Ingredients
Cooked rice for 2
250g of mushrooms (i used enoki and shitake mushroom), cut into small pieces
20g butter
5 cloves of garlic, diced

Seasoning
1 tbsp of creme fraiche (can replace with sour cream/ cooking cream)
2 tbsp of white cooking wine

Method
  • Heat up the wok / frying pan. Add in butter. Stir-fry the garlic till fragrant.
  • Add in all the mushrooms, and cook till soft. *It may appear a bit dry, but as the mushroom cooks, it will release water.
  • Add in the white cooking wine. Let it cook for 30 seconds, before adding in the creme fraiche. Mix everything together.
  • Lastly, turn off the heat, and add in the cooked rice. Mix well, and serve!
The rice has a earthly-mushroomly taste, which dear and I love. I also like adding wine to mushrooms, as it will give the dish a sweet aroma.

The simple meal for two, was paired with watercress soup. Very healthy too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments