Chocolate Muffins

By Monday, April 02, 2012

Bye to part-time. Hi to full-time.

I'm back to full-time work today. Though the morning started with a heavy downpour, my day at work had been great! At least I'm back to something I'm passionate about. Think I've rested enough and ready to "charge" at work.



These muffins were made last week. Gave them as farewell gifts. My friends liked it, and when I tasted one myself, I went "Wow!"



It's my type - not too sweet, moist and with a nice chocolately taste. Most importantly, it's something I can easily put together in a short period of time.



Did cracked my head on the packaging. Thought it would be wasteful to put them in plastic cupcakes container (though it would score high on presentation). Chose paper bags instead, plus a lovely tag with hand-written notes.

Anyway, I do hope to keep up my blog writing.

Lala, 加油 and to a great week at work!


Recipe (from Nigella Lawson)

Source of inspiration:  Min and Small Small Baker

Ingredients - makes 12 muffins
A: 250g plain flour
     2 tsp baking powder
     1/2 tsp baking soda
     2 tbsp cocoa powder
     175g caster sugar
     150g chocolate chips (save 1/4 for sprinkling)
B: 250ml milk
    90ml vegetable oil
    1 large egg
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the ingredients in (A) and 3/4 of the chocolate chips together.
  3. In another bowl, mix (B) together. 
  4. Pour (B) into (A) and mix till combined. Stop stirring once traces of flour disappear. Take care not to overmix.
  5. Spoon the batter into paper muffin cases.
  6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips on top and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Never thought that muffins can great as gifts! Very nice packaging.

    Good luck for your new job :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. farewell muffins? you're so sweet to make these choc muffins for them and i must say that you are good in crafts too. i remember the packaging you did for a baby's birthday the other time was also very nice. All the best in your new job! yup, 加油!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best in your full time job. Keep posting if your free:)

    ReplyDelete